As stated elsewhere the personal input of family members and close friends ensures the funeral is the celebration it should be. At the arrangement conference and meeting with the family a list of family tasks will be prepared. It is important that these be addressed as early as possible, our experience has shown that if things are left to the last minute problems can occur. Early attention to theses items avoids a disappointment on the day that lasts a long time.
Family tasks usually cover the following items:
- Preparation of the DVD
- Music selection and provision
- Selection of pictures for a pictorial display
- Order of service finalisation
- Provision of clothing
- Booking of any items being done by the family directly
- Specific personal touches
The input of the family for these items can help to make the funeral the very special individual service that it should be for each and every family.